Minty and spicy and sour in taste. Make this sauce yummier in taste by taking a bite of your miracle berry from richberry right before you even taste the sauce. Surprise yourself that you can modify the flavour naturally without the use of sugar.
Food Type: Sauce
Total Time: 35 minutes
1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
2/3 cup chopped green bell peppers
14 oz petite diced tomatoes
2 tsp leaves oregano
2 tbsp parsley flakes
1 cup chopped onion
29 oz tomato sauce
2 cloves garlic
1. Lightly oil a large skillet and place over medium heat.
2. Add garlic and bell pepper and saute till slightly browned.
3. Add in parsley, red pepper, oregano and tomatoes with its juice as well. Stir till heated.
4. Stir in tomato sauce and mix to combine with vegetables.
5. Bring to a boil under low heat and simmer uncovered for 1 minute.
6. Serve warm with chicken, low carb pasta or bread.
Consume Miracle Berry: Just before digging in, chew 1 or more freeze-dried miracle berry (this can also be done during the preparation of ingredients). Ensure to remove pits to avoid a bitter taste.
Fact: The active ingredient miraculin from miracle berry will turn sour foods such as lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit, non-fat yoghurt and other citrus food to taste sweet without adding sugar. We recommend two halves or 2 servings for maximum effectiveness. Make sure to follow instructions from the back of the packaging.
2-tablespoons simple syrup - 128 Calories