Healthy food minus the use of sugar. We innovate this recipe by using richberry to naturally make it more friendlier to people with diabetes. Just one bite of richberry's miracle berry and you could enjoy the whole bowl of goodness without worrying the calorie and the sugar.
1/2 cup brown rice
2 cups water
4 ounces top sirloin (choice)
4 tablespoons fat-free Italian dressing
1 green pepper, seeded and cut into 4 pieces
4 cherry tomatoes
1 small onion, cut into 4 wedges
2 wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes, or metal skewers
1. Get a saucepan, heat this over high flame, put the half cup of brown rice plus water, and boil. Lower the heat, cover this and allow 30-45 minutes to simmer until the rice becomes soft and tender. Feel free to pour water as needed to avoid drying out. When done, put this in a small bowl while keeping it warm.
2. Get the sirloin, cut into four equal parts, and put in a bowl. Take the fat-free Italian dressing and pour this on top of the sirloin meat. Keep in the fridge for a minimum of 20 minutes to marinate well; turn over the meat as necessary.
3. Heat the broiler, gas grill, or a charcoal grill. Meanwhile, spray to coat the grill rack lightly. Place this four to six inches away from the heat source.
4. Get 2 cubes of sirloin meat, pieces of green pepper, cherry tomatoes, and wedges of onion; thread all of these onto respective skewer.
5. Get the kebabs and put them on the grilling rack (or broiler pan); grill or boil these for around 5-10 minutes turning over as necessary.
6. Get the cooked rice and divide this into different plates.
7. Put one kebab over each plate of rice and serve while warm.
Consume Miracle Berry: Just before digging in, chew 1 or more freeze-dried miracle berry (this can also be done during the preparation of ingredients). Ensure to remove pits to avoid a bitter taste.
Fact: The active ingredient miraculin from miracle berry will turn sour foods such as lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit, non-fat yoghurt and other citrus food to taste sweet without adding sugar. We recommend two halves or 2 servings for maximum effectiveness. Make sure to follow instructions from the back of the packaging.
2-tablespoons sugar - 96 Calories